My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.charlafraley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Dipped Gingersnaps - Family favorite


Dipped Gingersnaps (recipe is from my dear friend Sue Kment - her blog is http://suesstampingstuff.blogspot.com/ and she has a lot of wonderful recipes and papercrafts on there - go and enjoy!
2 cups sugar

1-1/2 cups vegetable oil

2 eggs

1/2 cup molasses

4 cups all-purpose flour

4 teaspoons baking soda

1 tablespoon ground ginger

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt
Additional sugar for rolling the cookies in before baking


Frosting
I prefer to use 6 cubes of almond bark instead of the bags of chips and shortening-much faster!

or

Frosting from scratch:
2 packages (12 ounces each)vanilla baking chips

1/4 cup shortening


In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in molasses. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls and roll in sugar. (I use my #60 scoop on these) place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 deg. for 10-12 minutes( I bake for 9 minutes makes the cookies softer) or until cookie springs back when touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool. Melt chips with shortening in a small saucepan over low heat (Again, I melt almond bark in my microwave for dipping for 1 minute then stir and the another 15 seconds seems to work best). Dip the cookies halfway; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to harden. Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen

1 comment:

Sue from Oregon said...

getting ready to go to bed and wish I had one of these for a midnight snack! Will be home tomorrow.